Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Field Trip - Heineken Headquarters


Today we went on a field trip to the Heineken Headquarters in Cork. The people at Heineken were so welcoming to us. When we arrived, we were offered scones, tea, and coffee. Then, we were given a presentation on the history of Heineken and how it came to be. Did you know that Heineken is the number 1 brewer in Europe and number 2 in the world? After the presentation we got a private tour of the process of making Heineken. We also got to try the non-alcoholic Heineken 0.0, which has become increasingly popular in Ireland since its launch in March of 2018. One of the most interesting things I learned on this tour was that it takes 28 days to brew the perfect Heineken beer.





4 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed this visit to Heineken HQ because we were able to actually see where and how the beer is brewed unlike at Guinness. I loved the employees at this company because like you said they were so welcoming and kind!
    -alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved visiting Heineken! I thought it was so cool that we were able to see where it was brewed and try the different beers that they had there that we don't have in America!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hannah,

    I was shocked to hear they were the #1 brewer in Europe; I thought it would be Guinness. Do you think Guinness has a chance in claiming this title?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an awesome time at Heineken! It was really fun and I enjoyed learning about the process of making beer. Do your prefer Heineken or Guinness?

    ReplyDelete

Global Citizen

This study abroad experience was eye-opening to me, because it is easy to forget that not everyone lives the same way we do. Things that w...